Meeting the GREAT Jen Comas Keck!
Meeting Jen Comas Keck rocked my face off. If there was an obnoxious amount of exclamation marks that I could put in this post, I would and there STILL wouldn’t be enough exclamation marks to convey how much my face was rocked off. She is an AMAZING woman with such strength, beauty, and realness and I am so grateful that she came to Salt Lake City, trudged through our lovely snowstorm Saturday morning, and gave about 20 women the opportunity to learn and ask all of the questions we wanted!
I want to share some of Jen’s talking points during this seminar:
- Commit to a nutrition regime that is EASY to implement and can be a part of your LIFESTYLE. (Paleo works? Good. Eating clean works? Great. You commit to a lifestyle not a diet.)
- Strength training is essential. It is a necessity. If your goal is body fat loss/weight loss, building lean muscle, being HEALTHY-strength training is a must!
- Can’t kick the diet coke/energy drink habit? Try sparkling water with all sorts of fresh fruit in it (even try cherries)!
- Jen recommends 4 g of fish oil daily. Try the liquid form (Carlson’s, Nordic Naturals, or Barlean’s!)
- Build your meals with lean proteins and tons of veggies! Add one of the following to accompany your protein/veggies: a starchy carb, fruit, or fat.
- Big fan of jerky but not the added salt/sugar? Try the gluten free jerky at Trader Joe’s!
- Forget the whole drinking a gallon or more of water a day. Shoot for 2-3 L. (Thank heavens because my toilet paper bill was seriously ridiculous)
- You MUST know and understand that every woman’s body is different. What works for another may not work for you and that is okay. Your friend is extra lean while consuming all sorts of dairy but not you? (consider her a lucky duck). Try no dairy for 3-4 weeks and see how your body responds.
- Don’t fear the cow. Steak is good.
- Jen eats chocolate. Gasp! She has a killer bod and works dang hard for it but will still enjoy the OCCASIONAL treat.
You can learn more about Jen at her website here: www.jencomaskeck.com. (check out her facebook page, too!) If being totally down to earth, compassionate, and inspiring isn’t enough, Jen and 6 of her close fitness friends started Girls Gone Strong (www.girlsgonestrong.com). Guess what? Go to their website and you can download their FREE Girls Gone Strong Recipe Book and 99 Weight Lifting Tips! How suh-weet is that??!!
Jen stated that right now this industry is just crazy. Try this, try that, but how do you even know where to start?? It gets complicated and overwhelming and for that reason many people either quit or never start. Don’t fall into the quit or never start category. Go to the Girls Gone Strong website and click on their “Start Here” button. Really now, how could they make this any easier for us??!! I love these Girls Gone Strong women!
Jen was kind enough to pose for a picture with me. Seriously, people, one day I WILL get an Iphone and finally take acceptable pictures. I did buy a Kindle Fire. One technological step at a time…………